I’m the Head of Sam Harrelson Consulting, a marketing, PR, and tech consulting group based in the Carolinas. I’m also a frequent speaker on the topics of online marketing, social media, and future-looking business practices.
Since 2002, I’ve been actively involved in various marketing channels from online to traditional to a combination of the two. Along the way, I’ve worked with small companies to large global corporations on everything from website development, SEO, and business consulting to affiliate and project management.
I decided to channel what I’d learned over the years in marketing as an executive and thinker into my own unique company and focus on working with people that do incredible work but need clarification of their message and better marketing.
My work allows me to take what I’ve learned through those experiences as well as my time in the marketing industry and help nonprofits and religious organizations do what they do better.
I’m also an ordained minister, have published a book on Assyrian archaeology from Yale University Press, have grand aspirations for Hunger Initiative and the Harrelson Foundation, love to study Dura Europos and run the Thinking.FM podcast network.
Here’s a little more about me…
- Wofford College
- Yale University
- Gardner-Webb Divinity School
- CEO, President – Harrelson Agency
- CEO – planetBeta
- Senior Vice President / COO – PrimeQ
- General Manager, North America – Clicks2Customers
- Director of Publisher Relations – Motive Interactive
- Affiliate Manager – Aluria Software
- Director of Advertising Relations – SubscriberBASE / AdDrive Network
- Publisher – CostPerNews and ReveNews
- Adjunct Professor – Gardner-Webb University
- High School Literature – Newberry High School (Newberry, SC)
- Middle School Science Teacher – Hammond School (Columbia, SC)
- Middle School Science and Robotics Teacher – Spartanburg Day School (SC)
- Middle School Math, Robotics, and Science Teacher – Carolina Day School (Asheville, NC)
- Palmetto Project
- Commission Junction Board of Publishers
- Affiliate Summit Advisory Board
- Affiliate Classroom Board of Directors
- Spartanburg Day School Strategic Planning Board
- Social Media Board for Carolina Day School
- Asia Has Claims Upon New England – Yale University Press