My friend Royce challenged me to list my favorite albums on Facebook.
I love music, so this is hard. But here we go…
– Nirvana: Nevermind (the album that made me like music and changed my life and my generation.)
– The Beatles: (The White Album) (sure, Abbey Road is a/the masterpiece, but I’ve always loved the chaotic underbelly of the Beatles…for me, this is pure music perfection.)
– Willie Nelson: Spirit (the best Willie album… “it’s been some of them days, Lord.”)
– Flaming Lips: Soft Bulletin (cause “It’s getting heavy…”)
– Ryan Adams: Heartbreaker (even if it is named after a Mariah Carey song.)
– Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Reservations is my anthem and this is the best album of the century so far.)
Not too far away from my list in 2008.