Dr. Thomas Whitley and Rev. Sam Harrelson compare their phones' home screens, discuss the relevance of Facebook to political campaigns, and continue the very contentious Bible Bracket Challenge Elite 8 Round to decide the Final Four. It's on.
- Thinking Religion is creating Podcasts | Patreon
- Thinking Religion Bible Bracket Challenge – Challonge
- Facebook agrees to release Russian-purchased ads, pledges deeper look at 2016 election – POLITICO
- Arcade Fire singer on ‘fake news’ prank: I understand why Trump won now | TheHill
- Arcade Fire’s Win Butler on ‘Everything Now’ Album Rollout — The media is built for clicks now, and we were trying to see firsthand how it all works. I feel like I now understand on a much deeper level why Trump got elected. Negativity is what travels. So we learned more about how the internet functions, and how it’s an insane feedback loop. It’s like, we just played a show in London that was one of the best shows we’ve ever played there. It was honestly so fucking exciting. And at the show we sold a T-shirt where we put an ironic Everything Now logo on top of Kylie Jenner’s face. It was visually punk as hell. We knew doing that would get a lot of press pickup but every single news outlet in the world covered it. Somehow there’s a story in that, but there’s not really a story in Band Is Really Amazing at Music and Plays a Live Show and People Cry Because It’s So Beautiful. So it was really interesting to us to see what got picked up about Arcade Fire. That idea plays into what we were doing as well: We were providing the ammunition for people who wanted to write negative things about the band: Here you go! Here’s something to be outraged about!
- The Super-Aggregators and the Russians – Stratechery by Ben Thompson
- Google Play Music
- Crisis and Catharsis: The Power of the Apocalypse: Adela Yarbro Collins: 9780664245214: Amazon.com: Books
- Should A Christian Get a Tattoo? Is It Wrong To Put Ink On My Body?
- September 23, 2017: You Need To See This (Date Setting A Sign, NOT The Rapture) – YouTube