I hope everyone has a fun, happy and warm holiday where ever you are and whatever you are doing.
Marketing is a distinct human endeavor in which we attempt to persuade, either directly or indirectly, others of the valuable nature of some service, product, program or idea that they are not yet aware of or using. Let’s all promise each other to do marketing right (whatever that means) in the new year.
I’d also like to thank you for making CPN such a success over the last few months. Since launching at the beginning of November we all (you and me) have managed to create a pretty valuable and interesting niche community discussing some of the most important questions we could ponder in the industry.
2007 promises to provide many more additional questions, so I hope you’ll continue to come here for discussion.
I also wanted to give a few shout outs to people who have explicitly made CPN possible over the last few months with their money, time, thoughts, encouragement and links:
- Shawn Collins and Missy Ward of Affiliate Summit: (thanks for the sponsorship and kind words early on!)
- Wayne Porter: you rock
- Jim Kukral: I owe you about a dozen beers in Vegas – thanks for being there
- Jon Williams: thanks for the juicy tips and suggestion to start this thing due to 2007 … see you in Vegas??
- Tara Hunt: thank you for the daily inspiration and reaffirmation that you don’t know you provide
- Jeff Molander (and Ms X): your podcast brought the noise and your kind words have kept me going
- Brian Littleton: the dartboard is already hanging
- Stephanie Agresta: thanks for the link love in your Holiday card
- Shmuel Tennenhaus: Superman is a jerk
- Jason Calacanis: thanks for the honesty and advice
- Headsets.com: appreciate the money!
- Jeff Doak: your insights on and off the screen are amazing and I appreciate all of them
- Wade and Dave from AffiliatePrograms: here’s to 2007
- Vertrue.com: thanks for the sponsorship!
- MyBlogLog team: thanks, guys
- Robert Scoble: appreciate the link love!
- SecondLifeVideo.com: thanks for the sponsorship… great site!
- Lina Buquet: thanks for encouraging the discussion
- Hugh McLeod: thanks for making the Affiliate Manifesto a reality and your kind words
There are a good deal more of you out there who have participated in the discussion, given suggestions and sent a long helpful tips or ideas, but I wanted to thank those who have directly affected this site and made it such an interesting place in only two months.
2007 will be a hectic year here because of CostPerJobs, a couple of great new sponsors coming in January and some other exciting new things going on behind the scenes here and there.
There will be light additions here until next Tuesday due to the Holidays. Check this out in the meantime and leave your hopes.
Thank you again for your help and your conversations! Here’s to many more-