I stress to clients that they have to tag and categorize their posts on WordPress. It’s one of the easiest ways to increase your organic traffic and discoverability in Google, but it also helps the web find you.
So tag your posts, people!
Also, good checklist here for setting up a WordPress website on a hosting platform…
If you’re not already on board, keep reading; a client of mine gets 100,000 unique visitors per month. More than 3% of those are referred to by tags listed in the SERPs.
- Limit your tagging to relevant topics you covered in the post.
- Not every post needs to be tagged.
- Keep tags short and sweet; no more than two words.
- Delete overused and underused tags monthly.
- Improved user experience.
- Increased engagement.
Via Search Engine Journal: Don’t Launch a WordPress Site Before You Go Through This 17-Step Checklist